Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sentro 1771 | You've Got To Try It To Believe It!

For some reason, everytime I see my husband to who-knows-what-part-of-the-country he is, we always end up raving for Filipino cuisine. Nothings beats the comfort of that familiar taste you get from a hearty shrimp sinigang, lechon kawali or crispy pata after a long day of check-in's, long wait time at boarding counters, and flying. Staying at 3 different islands in a span of two (2) years and being constantly on the move to conform with my husband's work schedule, foodtripping is somehow our way of bonding and getting the feel of "home" while being away from home. Now I think I found the perfect place to take my husband for a date the next time he comes to Manila!




If you are a foodie and finds your happy feet somewhere in Greenbelt 3 or Serendra, experience a modern twist to your usual Filipino grub in a chic and elegant setting! Claiming to be the first in modern Filipino cuisine, Sentro 1771 brings our usual comfort food to the next level! When you thought its the same old dish, oh man, you thought wrong! Who says homey dishes have to be predictable and boring?






By the looks of Sentro 1771's Sinigang na Corned Beef, I thought, "naaah, just another sinigang with a corned beef," and I would have passed if I didn't see the smile on my friend's face after tasting the same.




Sinigang na Corned Beef


It's a corned beef short palate and boneless beef shanks in tamarind broth with native vegetables. See? Usual sinigang, just with a corned beef! But when I tasted it, I knew what that smile is for. That smile when somebody proved you wrong and slapped you with a hard evidence you cannot deny! This is sinigang like no other! I'm not surprised when I learned Sinigang na Corned Beef is Sentro 1771's specialty in the house. This one's a bit pricey at P530 (good for three persons), but is definitely worth it!
Another Sentro to-die-for dish is the Lamb Caldereta. Made of boneless lamb shoulder stewed in carrots, bell peppers, tomato sauce, and spices. Ohhlala! Spicy, succulent meat - caldereta just the way I like it! Truly mouth-watering! If you're not into spicy food, falter not, it can be mild too! At P480 sharing for two, this one is a sure hit!




Lamb Caldereta

A la Sentro specialty also brings a unique offering to Filipino staple which is a meal in itself. With its Seafood Bagoong Rice - topped with grilled squid, garlic shrimps and hito flakes - this. is. heaven on Earth!




Seafood Bagoong Rice

The balance of the saltiness of the bagoong (shrimp paste) and rice is divine! A group of three persons can devour this at P530.


Fried Suman

Made my second mistake when I underestimated Sentro's Fried Suman. Topped with sweet mango and what looks like a caramel sauce, I just thought it's a hilarious combination. But oh boy, guess I received my second slap for the day! It works! It works so great I can't get enough with one bite!


Camote Cups


Banana Tart


This place serves really good food the list of must-try is neverending! Makes me think, who makes all these? Such a genius!
Chef Vicky Rose Pacheco, is the woman behind Sentro's brilliant signature dishes. She finished culinary training at Les Roches Hotel and Tourism School and the École Hôtelière de Lausanne in Switzerland. 




With Chef Vicky Pacheco, COO and Executive Shef of Sentro 1771



She later on left a successful culinary career in the United States to be a partner of the original Chateau 1771 back in 1995 (cafe1771.com).
Experiencing Sentro 1771 after a tiring Saturday shift was a pick-me-upper! The ambiance and staff are very family friendly. I can't wait to take my family here! Truely, you got to try it to believe it!

With fellow bloggers



  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...